Voted Durango’s Best Assisted Living Facility
With a 70-resident capacity, Sunshine Gardens Senior Community offers independent and assisted living accommodations with a variety of floor plan options. Courtyards, patios, and a large gazebo provide beautiful outdoor getaways, and our community is complete with a chapel – ideal for prayer, worship, and meditation.
- Three Resident Council approved meals daily
- Housekeeping including daily trash removal, and vacuuming, dusting, bed making and bathroom cleaning as required
- Laundry service, provided weekly for personal clothing and linens
- In-town transportation Monday through Saturday by appointment
- 24-hour care staff service
- Social & events calendar planned and implemented by our Activities Director
- All utilities included (except phone and internet)
- The Rose Room, offering bright restaurant-style dining
- The Sunshine Room, a social hub for greeting guests, reading newspapers, enjoying a warm or cold beverage, visiting with friends around a cozy fireplace, and watching birds in the impressive aviary in a club-like atmosphere. Ice cream socials and happy hour on alternating Fridays
- The Good Times Theatre Room, showing movies and hosting our daily Rise and Shine exercise program
- The Day Room, set up for smaller groups and meetings, private dining, games, and television
- The Beauty Salon – the ultimate on-site convenience for men’s or women’s beauty needs
- The Therapy Gym, with exercise equipment for resident use. Occupational and Physical Therapists are available
- The Geodome, a greenhouse where residents can ply their green thumb
Bob’s Private Dining Room
Families can reserve Bob’s Private Dining Room for birthdays, family gatherings, or other special events. Contact Kristen Collins at 970.769.7088 to reserve this lovely room.
Personal Care Assistance
- Medication Management
- Personal Hygiene
Our staff is trained in techniques created by Teepa Snow, one of the leaders in brain change and dementia care.
Contact us for more information.